A Refreshing Take on Pea Salad Pioneer Women
This Pea Salad Pioneer Woman recipe is an unexpectedly delightful foray into a new culinary world. Bursting with flavor, and boasting a unique, yet delectably cozy taste, it’ll be sure to bring delight to even the pickiest eaters.
Though it may not look like much, this simple salad packs a serious flavor punch. It’s a perfect summer dish, fusing traditional, comfort food-style ingredients with the zest of international flavors. By combining the sweet spiciness of green peas, yellow corn, and peas with the tartness of parmesan, it results in a flavor that’s hearty and sharp, yet incredibly satisfying and perfectly balanced.
For an added excitement, the salad is doused in a sweet-spicy Pepita-Citrus Vinaigrette. This lip-smacking combination of coriander, freshly-squished limes, and toasted pepitas adds a burst of bright, tangy complexity to the salad.
No Pioneer Women dish would be complete without a bit of creaminess. This salad includes a sprinkling of feta cheese, which adds a creamy, umami quality to the mixture. Additionally, onions and celery, freshly chopped and diced, bring a subtle crunch that’s both puzzling and delightful.
It’s the perfect light meal, side-dish, or pot-luck snack to enjoy in the sunshine. Simple to make, yet delicious to eat – get ready for a summer full of exciting, taste-filled adventure with this Pea Salad Pioneer Women recipe.
– 1/2 cup green peas
– 1/2 cup yellow corn
– 1/4 cup chopped onion
– 1/4 cup diced celery
– 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
– 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
– 1 lime, juiced
– 2 tablespoons coriander powder
– 1 teaspoon sea salt
– 1/4 cup toasted pepitas
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the green peas, yellow corn, chopped onion, diced celery, and crumbled feta cheese.
3. Place the mixture into a 9-inch baking dish, and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
4. Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
5. In a separate bowl, mix together the lime juice, coriander powder, sea salt, and toasted pepitas.
6. Once the vegetables are finished baking, remove from the oven and pour the Pepita-Citrus Vinaigrette over the top.
7. Stir together and enjoy.
So grab a fork and enjoy this dish as a refreshing summer side-salad. Perfect for picnics and family gatherings – you’ll be sure to have your guests begging for seconds once they’ve had a bite of this exciting and flavorsome Pea Salad Pioneer Women.