Mastering the Art of Egg Salad
Egg salad is often mistaken as a simple dish; however, to really master this recipe is to appreciate its delicate complexity. My recipe for Masters Egg Salad combines a harmonious balance of flavours and textures that everyone is sure to enjoy.
– 6 eggs
– ½ cup mayonnaise
– 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
– 2 tablespoons relish
– 1 celery stalk, diced
– 1 small onion, diced
– 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
– 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
– 1 teaspoon lemon juice
– ½ teaspoon black pepper
– ½ teaspoon salt
1. Add the eggs to a large pot filled with cold water and bring to a boil. Let the eggs cook for 10 minutes then remove from heat and allow to cool.
2. Peel and dice the onion and celery and finely chop the parsley and chives.
3. In a large bowl, mash the eggs and add in the diced onion, celery, parsley, chives, mayonnaise, relish, mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mix all the ingredients together until combined.
4. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
5. Serve the egg salad on toasted bread or crackers.
Masters Egg Salad has something for everyone with its subtle blend of creamy mayonnaise, nutty mustard, and sweet and tart relish. The addition of celery and onion give it an enjoyable crunch, and the herbs bring out its full potential, transforming it into a refreshing and tantalising dish that will impress even the pickiest of critics. This egg salad has a vibrant personality, perfect for any occasion, be it as a light lunch, brunch, or dinner.
This egg salad can also be used as a side dish or as a topping for salads. For an Asian twist, try adding shredded nori and toasted sesame oil. This egg salad can be served in lettuce cups with a sprinkle of furikake.
Egg salad is a classic that is often overlooked, but give this Masters Egg Salad a try and you won’t regret it. You’ll be serving up a truly unique and flavourful dish, sure to give everyone a pleasant surprise.