Hellman’s Potato Salad: A Tempting Summer Side Dish
Nothing signals the start of summer quite like a delicious potato salad—the perfect side dish for all of your summer cookouts! Fortunately, you don’t have to overthink it with this simple and tasty Hellman’s Potato Salad, a comforting and classic variation that will have your guests asking for seconds.
This recipe takes a traditional potato salad and gives it a bit of a twist with the addition of Hellman’s mayonnaise in the dressing. This signature ingredient makes all the difference, providing a silky smooth, creamy dressing that contrasts with the hearty and rustic potatoes. Plus, the subtle sweetness from the mayonnaise is a welcome addition.
Tasting great is only part of this recipe, though. It’s also incredibly easy to make and assemble. Plus, there’s lots of room to make it your own. Add your favorite condiments, vegetables, and herbs to mix things up and customize it to your own preference.
Gather up your friends for an outdoor feast, and delight them with this delectable potato salad recipe.
- 2 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Hellman’s mayonnaise
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, toss the diced potatoes with olive oil, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the potatoes in an even layer on the lined baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden-brown and fork-tender.
- Let cool for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, celery, and parsley.
- Gently fold in the cooled potatoes.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
This flavorful and versatile dish shows why potato salad is a summertime classic. Bursting with flavor, the Hellman’s Potato Salad is sure to please everyone at your next gathering.
No matter if you choose to keep it plain and simple or dress it up with additional condiments and flavorings, you can’t go wrong with this indulgent dish that packs all the creamy and savory flavors everyone loves.