Tantalizingly Delicious Corn Salad – Paula Deen’s Way
If you’re looking to add an extra zing to your summer cookout menu, Paula Deen’s “Corn Salad” is just the thing! This tantalizingly delicious side dish brings together the sweetness of corn with the tantalizing tang of a vinaigrette-based dressing. It’s the perfect combination of flavors that will add a burst of brightness to the hottest of summer days.
– 4 cups fresh, cooked corn kernels
– 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
– 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
– 1/4 cup minced red onion
– 1/4 cup minced tomatoes
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
– 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
2. Stir to combine.
3. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
4. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
This dish takes simple ingredients and transforms them into a flavor burst in your mouth. The sweetness of the corn is complemented by the briny red onion and the piquant tang of the red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard. Plus, the addition of minced tomatoes and fresh parsley gives this dish vibrant color and a freshness of flavor that you won’t find in many other summer recipes.
With its diverse influences of Italian and French influences, this corn salad combines some of the best elements of both cuisines. It also pairs well with a variety of other dishes, including grilled fish and roasted vegetables. So, grab some corn, these easy-to-find ingredients and whip up this delicious side dish that will add a flavor boost to any summer barbecue.