Layered Salad Paula Deen: A Refreshingly Delicious Comfort Food Recipe
Summer has arrived, and that means it’s the perfect time to explore lighter, fresher dishes that keep both taste and nutrition in mind. If you are looking for a way to add flavor and texture to your summer meals, look no further than Paula Deen’s classic Layered Salad recipe.
This scrumptious salad is packed with seasonal goodness. Not only will it be sure to delight your taste buds, it’s also a great way to get your daily nutrients as it’s full of healthy, wholesome ingredients. Freeze-dried sweet corn and string beans, provide crunch and unexpectedly creamy texture while shredded carrots, red onions, and cherry tomatoes add a vibrant burst of color and flavor.
Layered Salad is a lot easier to make than you may think. Start by whisking together some mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, and Dijon mustard for a creamy dressing that will coat all the colorful ingredients in the salad. Then, layer the ingredients in a shallow dish starting with the corn and beans, followed by the carrots, onions, and tomatoes. Top with cheese and crumbled bacon, then drizzle with the tangy dressing.
After assembling this symphony of flavor and texture, pop the salad in the fridge while you make a quick side of your choice. When it’s time to serve, simply sprinkle some fresh parsley on top and get ready to enjoy. The crisp vegetables combine with the creaminess of the dressing make for a wonderfully light summer meal that will keep you feeling energized for the rest of the day.
Layered Salad is more than just an ordinary salad – it’s a unique mix of texture and taste, inspired by traditional Southern comfort food. Whether you’re looking for an easy side dish to serve up for your next summer barbecue or a flavorful entree on your next Meatless Monday, this Layered Salad Paula Deen is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
– 1 cup freeze-dried sweet corn
– 1/2 cup freeze-dried string beans
– 1 cup shredded carrots
– 1/2 cup diced red onion
– 1 cup cherry tomatoes
– 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
– 2 slices bacon, crumbled
For the dressing:
– 1/2 cup mayonnaise
– 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
– 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
– 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
1. In a bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, and Dijon mustard.
2. Arrange the freeze-dried corn and string beans in the bottom of a shallow dish.
3. Top with shredded carrots, diced red onions, and cherry tomatoes.
4. Sprinkle the cheese and bacon evenly on top.
5. Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
6. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
7. Before serving, top with some fresh parsley.