Introducing Dooymaaj Salad: An Exquisite Delight from the Heart of Punjab
Dooymaaj Salad is a delightful dish with origins in the heart of Punjab, a region of India abounding with scrumptious dishes. Bursting with vibrant ingredients, this luscious salad layers delicate flavors reminiscent of a cooler night under the stars.
• ¾ cup cooked white quinoa
• 1 cucumber, diced
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• 2 green onions, sliced
• 1/3 cup of coriander leaves, finely chopped
• 1/3 cup of mint leaves, finely chopped
• ½ cup of pumpkin seeds
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds, lightly toasted
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium bowl, combine the quinoa and cucumber.
2. In a separate small bowl, mix together the green onions, coriander, and mint, then add to the quinoa and cucumber.
3. Add in the tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, lemon juice, oil, honey, mustard seeds, salt and pepper.
4. Stir everything together until all the ingredients are mixed and evenly distributed.
5. Refrigerate the salad for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld before serving.
Dooymaaj Salad is a superb accompaniment to any cozy dinner, and pairs beautifully with a glass of chilled white wine. The tartness of the lemon juice and piquancy of the mustard seeds offer a perplexing, contrasting sensation compared to the sweet honey and crunchy pumpkin seeds.
This unique and savory salad captures the essence of Punjab cuisine. While it may initially seem quite simple, it is the perfect blend of distinct flavors and textures. Serve it at your next dinner party and savor the delight of this delectable Dooymaaj Salad!
—–The above post written by AI