Lao Papaya Salad: An Exotic Burst of Southeast Asian Flavor
Are you looking to tantalize your taste buds with something exotic? Look no further than Lao Papaya Salad; an explosive blend of Southeast Asian flavors with a hint of sweetness and a burst of heat.
This extraordinary salad has been popular in Lao cuisine for centuries. It features a combination of crunchy papaya, salty pork, fragrant herbs, and a fiery sauce. If you haven’t tried it yet, prepare to be amazed!
• 1lbs Pork, cooked
• 2lbs Unripe Papaya, peeled and julienned
• 1/2 cup Roasted Peanuts, chopped
• 2tbsp Shallots, diced
• 1/4 cup Long Beans, cut into 1-inch piece
• 1/4 cup Cherry Tomatoes, cut into halves
• 2tbsp Garlic, minced
• 2tbsp Fish Sauce
• 1tbsp Palm Sugar
• 1tbsp Chili Flakes
• 1tsp Lime Juice
• 1/4 cup Mint Leaves
• 1/4 cup Cilantro Leaves
1. In a large bowl, combine cooked pork, papaya, peanuts, shallots, long beans, cherry tomatoes, garlic, fish sauce, palm sugar, and chili flakes.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the pork and papaya mixture. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the lime juice and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
5. Garnish with mint and cilantro leaves.
6. Serve hot or cold.
Lao Papaya Salad is an incredible dish, perfectly balanced in flavor, texture and color. It can be served as a side or a main dish, and is sure to be a hit at your next party or dinner gathering.
If you haven’t tried it yet, give it a go! As you bite into the crunchy papaya and salty pork, you’ll be hit with a delicate sweetness and a light spiciness that will give your taste buds a pleasurable surprise. And if you’d like to explore other Southeast Asian dishes, Thai som tam, Vietnamese bun cha, or Singaporean laksa are just some of the delicacies you can sample to get a feel for the region’s unique flavors.