A Fusion of Sweet & Spicy: Bourbon Steak Salad
If you’re looking for a delicious salad that packs a flavourful punch and won’t leave you wanting more, then look no further than this fusion of sweet and spicy Bourbon Steak Salad. This unique recipe combines the classic tastes of steak, crunchy vegetables, and a tangy, spicy sauce, all enhanced to perfection with the addition of sweet and smooth Bourbon.
The key to making this meal is in the marinade; a combination of white wine, garlic, soy sauce, and, of course, the secret ingredient, Bourbon! This marinade imparts a tangy, spicy flavour to the steak, balancing out the sweetness from the Bourbon to get the perfect taste. The vegetables and steak are then cooked over a hot grill or pan, before being combined in a bed of arugula, and topped off with a final drizzle of the marinade.
– 1 ½ lbs of sirloin steak
– 2 tablespoons of white wine
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
– 2 tablespoons Bourbon
– 2 bell peppers, sliced
– 2 zucchinis, sliced
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
– 5 ounces of Arugula or baby spinach
1) In a small bowl, mix together the white wine, garlic, soy sauce, and Bourbon and pour over the steak. Allow the steak to marinate for up to 15 minutes.
2) Preheat your grill or skillet over medium-high heat and cook the steak for roughly 6 minutes on each side.
3) While the steak is cooking, mix together the bell peppers, zucchinis, olive oil, and cracked pepper.
4) Once the steak has finished cooking, set it aside to rest for 5 minutes and lightly grill the vegetable mixture for 3-4 minutes.
5) Assemble your salad by layering the arugula or spinach, steak slices, and grilled vegetables in a bowl.
6) Drizzle the remaining steak marinade overtop of the salad and enjoy!
The result is a mouth-watering dish with a mix of textures and flavours. The sweet and smoky Bourbon gives a subtle complexity and really brings out the flavour in the steak, while the vegetables provide a crunchy contrast. This particular fusion of steak and Bourbon is sure to be a hit at any dinner table.
Curious to explore other steak and Bourbon recipes? Try this simple and delicious Bourbon Soy Glazed Steak for an equally delectable flavour experience!