Whole Hog Potato Salad: The Ultimate Holiday Sidedish
As the temperatures cool and the days become shorter, there’s no dish that we love more than a comforting bowl of modern-style potato salad. This Whole Hog Potato Salad recipe is the ultimate comfort food that’ll please all your friends and family this holiday season.
Made with a combination of potatoes, a pillow of savory pork sausage, hard-boiled eggs, celery, and a homemade mayonnaise dressing, this sinfully delicious dish sings with comforting country flavors. And best of all, it’s easy to make – no special techniques or ingredients required.
– 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes
– 1 lb pork sausage
– 4 hard boiled eggs, diced
– 2 celery stalks, diced
– 1/4 cup mayonnaise
– 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
– 2 Tbsp sliced dill pickles
– 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
– 1 Tbsp honey
– 2 tsp minced garlic
– 1/2 tsp paprika
– 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
– 1 tsp celery seed
– 1/2 tsp onion powder
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Peel and dice the potatoes into bite-sized cubes. Place in a large pot, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are just fork-tender, approx 12 minutes. Drain potatoes in a colander and set aside.
2. In a separate large skillet, cook pork sausage over medium heat until golden and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine cooked potatoes, diced eggs, celery, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, dill pickles, apple cider vinegar, honey, minced garlic, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, celery seed and onion powder.
4. Once the sausage is cooked, add to the bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
5. Serve warm or chilled, alone or with your favorite sandwich, or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
No matter what the occasion or event, this Whole Hog Potato Salad is guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser. Combining classic and familiar flavors with the savory goodness of pork sausage, this unique spin on a timeless classic is as comforting as it is delicious. Perfect for a holiday meal, family barbecue, or just a cozy night at home, it gives you the comfort of a homestyle recipe with the added oomph of flavors.
So if you’re looking for a festive and irresistibly delicious side dish, this Whole Hog Potato Salad is just what you need. Try it the next time you want to impress your friends and family!