Whole Food Tuna Salad – a Healthy and Flavourful Summer Delight
With the summer months upon us, it’s time to pull out all the stops when it comes to healthy and satisfying meals. That’s why I’m excited to share this delicious and simple recipe for Whole Food Tuna Salad – a soul-satisfying, nutrient-packed dish worthy of any summer dinner table.
This tuna salad comes together quickly and easily with a few simple ingredients. High in omega-3 fatty acids, protein, vitamins and minerals, it’s the perfect meal to help you stay refreshed and energized in the hottest months of the year. Plus, it’s easy to customize the ingredients to create unique flavour profiles and make it your own.
• 2 cans of a high-quality tuna in oil (use sustainably sourced, wild-caught tuna if possible)
• ½ cup of celery, diced
• 1 large carrot, grated
• ¼ cup of capers
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
• ¼ cup of lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
• ¼ cup of parsley, chopped
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Begin by draining the tuna and transferring it into a medium-sized bowl.
2. Add in the herbs and vegetables to the bowl.
3. Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and garlic in a separate bowl and then pour the dressing over the tuna and vegetables.
4. Once everything is mixed together, add salt and pepper to taste and give the salad one final stir.
5. Serve your Whole Food Tuna Salad either cold or warm, over a bed of mixed greens or in a toasted whole-grain wrap.
This Whole Food Tuna Salad is one of my go-to meals during the warmer months of the year. With its unique combination of ingredients and powerful nutrition, it’s a great way to enjoy the benefits of a healthy, filling meal while still giving your taste buds something to be excited about. It can also be easily adapted to various dietary needs, so it’s perfect for entertaining a group of friends or family.
If you’re looking for something a little different, try adding in some bell peppers or olives for a boost of colour and flavour. You can also experiment with different herbs, such as dill or thyme, for an extra layer of complexity.
Finally, many people like to include hard-boiled eggs in their tuna salad for extra protein. Plus, it adds a great tangy taste and creamy texture.
If you love this Whole Food Tuna Salad, try out some of our other nutritious salad recipes like Detox Greens and Grains Salad or Mediterranean Quinoa Salad. Both are just as easy to put together, for a delicious and fuss-free meal.