Welcome to the West Indies! Today we’re traveling to the Caribbean islands to experience the unique flavors of an iconic West Indies recipe – West Indies Salad. Bursting with tropical goodness, this dish packs a flavorful punch with its vibrant ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions.
A favorite of many visitors to the Carribean, West Indies Salad is light and refreshing, making for a perfect summertime accompaniment to any feast. Culturally informed by the diverse culinary influences of the West Indies, the flavors in this salad combine to create a complex and innovative dish.
- 2 cups of cucumber, chopped
- 1 red pepper diced
- 3 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons of capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparing the dressing:
- In a small bowl mix together the red wine vinegar, olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
Assembling the salad:
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, red pepper, tomatoes, red onion, and capers.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Serve as a side dish or enjoy as a main course.
There you have it – a delicious and easy-to-make West Indies Salad! This salad recipe is inspired by dishes like the traditional French salade nicoise, but the fresh and intense flavors of West Indies ingredients add a unique twist. With its penchant for boldly flavored vegetables and plenty of herbs, this salad is sure to delight.
So if you’re feeling like taking a journey to the Caribbean islands, look no further than West Indies Salad. Bon Appetit!