Tantalizing & Refreshing – Waldorf Salad Paula Deen
Do you need a tasty and healthy dish to bring to your next party? Look no further than Waldorf Salad Paula Deen! This classic salad is super easy to make and uses ingredients like apples, celery, grapes, and more. With a few simple steps, you can transform everyday ingredients into a delightful, flavorful delight.
This is a great dish that’s all about texture. Crunchy apples and celery, sweet grapes and strawberries, and creamy mayonnaise all work together to make this a great salad. The modern Waldorf Salad is thought to have originated in the late 19th century at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York. The original version of this classic salad had just apples and celery. Years later, walnuts were added and eventually other ingredients were introduced.
Here’s how you can make this Waldorf Salad using the classic Paula Deen recipe.
• 3 Granny Smith apples, cubed
• 2 stalks celery, chopped
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 4 ounces seedless red grapes
• 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt or whip cream
• 1/2 teaspoon sugar
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. In a medium bowl, combine the apples, celery, lemon juice, grapes, and walnuts.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt or cream, sugar, and salt.
3. Pour the dressing over the apple mixture and toss the salad to coat evenly.
4. Refrigerate for one hour before serving.
Waldorf Salad is a great choice for any occasion. It’s a light and refreshing meal that’s also healthy and delicious! The unique combination of flavors make this a great dish for summertime picnics and BBQs. Plus, it’s a great way to get kids to eat their fruits and vegetables! Whether you’re entertaining guests or just looking for a quick and easy meal, Waldorf Salad Paula Deen is the perfect way to impress and delight!