Steakhouse Potato Salad – A Truly Refreshing Summertime Treat
One of my favorite summertime recipes is Steakhouse Potato Salad. This delicious dish combines the creaminess of potatoes with the savory, smokiness of steak, paired with a crunch of celery and onion. It’s the perfect accompaniment to any summer BBQ, and a unique twist on the traditional salad.
2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
1 large onion, diced
1/2 cup celery slices
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
2. Wash and peel the potatoes, then cut into 1-inch cubes.
3. Place potatoes on a sheet pan and drizzle with oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, until potatoes are golden and tender.
5. Let potatoes cool to room temperature.
6. Place cooled potatoes in a large bowl, add bacon, onion, celery, parsley and chives.
7. In a separate small bowl, mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise, and vinegar.
8. Pour the dressing over the potato mixture and mix together until ingredients are evenly distributed.
9. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
This Steakhouse Potato Salad is inspired by the classic American steakhouse side dish, making it a great fit for any summertime celebration. The potatoes provide a nutrient-rich base, while the bacon and other aromatics add extra layers of flavor. The combination of bacon, red wine vinegar and mayonnaise lends the salad a creamy richness that pairs well with barbecued steaks or burgers.
If you’re looking for a unique potato salad that stands out from the rest, this Steakhouse Potato Salad is just the ticket. It’s a great way to bring a touch of summertime flavor to your table and will have everyone licking their plates. Enjoy!