A Burst of Fresh Flavor: Spaghetti Squash Salad
It’s time to leave behind the same old salad routine and unleash a burst of fresh flavor with this delicious Spaghetti Squash Salad! This Mediterranean-inspired dish will tantalize your taste buds with a wonderful combination of textures and flavors.
The star of this salad is spaghetti squash, the low-calorie and nutritious vegetable that’s a great alternative to traditional pasta. Although not popular in all countries, spaghetti squash is becoming increasingly popular as a healthier and more interesting meal option. The long strands of lightly crisp squash make a truly enjoyable base for this salad.
To give the spaghetti squash salad an extra kick, we’ve added in some fresh basil and kaffir limes. These limes are used very frequently in Southeast Asian cuisine, and add a unique sourness to the composition of the salad. For the finishing touch, we’ve also added in crumbly feta cheese and some creamy avocado, providing a pleasing contrast of textures.
– 1 spaghetti squash
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 6 tablespoons feta cheese
– 1 avocado
– 1/3 cup fresh basil
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 2 tablespoons kaffir lime
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
3. Rub the inside of the squash with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place the squash halves face down on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
5. Once the squash is cooked through, allow it to cool for 20 minutes.
6. Using a fork, scrape out the spaghetti-like strands and place in a bowl.
7. Cut the avocado into cubes and add to the bowl along with the feta cheese, basil, lime juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
8. Mix together until all the ingredients are combined.
9. Serve the salad chilled or at room temperature.
Enjoy this delicious salad as a healthy main course or an appetizing side dish. If you’re looking to make it even more substantial, you can add grilled chicken or fish. For a vegan spin, simply substitute the feta cheese for your favorite vegan cheese.
As with all salads, this spaghetti squash salad will stay fresh in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. We’re positive that you’ll love this dish as much as we do. Bon appetit!