Smoked Potato Salad: A Flavorful Summertime Favorite
Summertime is here, and a classic side dish to cool off with is a delicious potato salad. If you’re looking to shake up your traditional potato salad recipe, try a smoked version! Not only will this potato salad add a new flavor to your summer table, but it may even become your family’s favorite.
• 3 pounds of potatoes, peeled and cubed.
• 2 tablespoons of your favorite BBQ rub
• 2 tablespoons of light olive oil
• 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
• 1/2 cup of smoked shallots, chopped
• 1/4 cup of red onions, diced
• 1/4 cup of celery leaves, chopped
• 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
• 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
• 1/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt
• 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1. Preheat your barbecue or smoker to 400°F.
2. Rub the potatoes with olive oil and BBQ rub, then place them in the preheated smoker and smoke for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
3. Remove the potatoes and let cool.
4. In a large bowl, combine the smoked potatoes, parsley, smoked shallots, red onions, celery leaves, apple cider vinegar, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, and ground black pepper.
5. Stir gently until everything is well incorporated.
6. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.
Tips & Tricks
Smoked potato salad is a unique twist on a classic dish. The smokiness of the potatoes pairs wonderfully with the fresh parsley, and the combination is sure to become a hit at your summer picnics and gatherings.
It’s best to use waxy potatoes like red potatoes or Yukon gold for the best results. The high starch content in these potatoes will hold up the best against the heat.
Feel free to change up the taste of the dish by using your favorite BBQ rub. The choices are endless – from sweet and smoky to spicy and zesty. It’s all up to you!
This recipe may be similar to traditional potato salad, but with the smoky dimension, it’ll be sure to be your new favorite. So get ready to light up the smoker, because this smoked potato salad is here to make your summer even better.