An Appealing Take on an Old Classic: Shrimp Louie Salad
If you’re a fan of classic seafood dishes, you’ll love Shrimp Louie Salad. This simple yet satisfying meal can be served as a main course or as a side dish. Not only does it taste great, but it looks impressive, too!
Shrimp Louie Salad is a classic seafood salad that was traditionally popular in California. Its roots date back to the early 20th century, the salad combines succulent shrimp with the crunch of crisp lettuce, bacon, and hard-boiled eggs. Its tangy dressing is made with mayonnaise, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice. You can also add celery and olives to the salad for some added crunch.
This simple yet flavorful dish takes just a few minutes to prepare. You start by boiling the shrimp until they’re pink and plump. While they’re cooking, you can assemble the other components of the salad, including the lettuce, bacon, eggs, and dressings. Once everything is prepped, you can combine all of the ingredients to create a hearty and satisfying salad.
Shrimp Louie Salad is an excellent way to showcase fresh shrimp in a light yet flavourful dish. Not only does it look great when served, but the combination of flavours is sure to please seafood lovers. The shrimp is succulent and flavourful, while the lettuce and bacon provide colour and crunch to the dish. Meanwhile, the tangy dressing adds zestiness and balance to the dish.
The best part about Shrimp Louie Salad is that it’s incredibly versatile. You can make it as a main course, or you could serve it as a side dish alongside other dishes like Cajun roasted potatoes or fish tacos. If you want to make it even more special, you can add different spices and herbs, such as cumin, garlic, or chives. You can also turn this classic salad into something unique by adding unusual ingredients, such as fresh mango or corn.
Shrimp Louie Salad is a perfect example of how a few simple ingredients can come together to create a delicious meal. Whether you serve it as a main dish or as a side dish, it’s sure to be a hit. If you’re looking for a unique yet flavorful seafood dish, give Shrimp Louie Salad a try.
– 1 lb. cooked medium shrimp
– 8 cups of loosely packed romaine lettuce, chopped
– 4 large hard-boiled eggs, quartered
– 1 small red onion, minced
– 6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
– 1/2 cup mayonnaise
– 2 tablespoons ketchup
– 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the shrimp and cook until pink and just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
2. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, hard-boiled eggs, onion, and bacon.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Add the shrimp to the bowl with the vegetables and toss with the dressing.
5. Serve the Shrimp Louie Salad immediately. Enjoy!