Scallop Salad: an Unexpectedly Appetizing Treat
If you’re looking to add some culinary pizzaz to your dinner routine, you can’t go wrong with this delicious scallop salad. The combination of scallops, fresh greens, and earthy vegetables is an unexpected yet surprisingly appetizing treat. Plus, the inclusion of zesty seasonings and a tangy dressing make for an unforgettable flavor experience.
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 pound large sea scallops, halved
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• ½ teaspoon onion powder
• 4 cups baby spinach leaves
• 2 cups arugula leaves
• ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 cucumber, sliced
• 1 avocado, cubed
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and stir until lightly golden brown.
2. Increase the heat to high, add the scallops, cumin, smoked paprika, and onion powder. Stir-fry until the scallops become opaque (about 2 minutes).
3. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, arugula, tomatoes, cucumber, and avocado.
4. Drizzle the salad with the lemon juice. Add the sautéed scallops, season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
5. Serve immediately.
This scrumptious scallop salad embraces the flavors of the Mediterranean like no other. It’s a tasty way to incorporate a variety of fresh vegetables into your meals, and the zesty spicing gives this salad a memorable kick. Also, thanks to the scallops, it’s the perfect dish for special occasions.
This dish was inspired by classic Italian flavors, yet manages to still feel unique. As an alternative to the suggested salad ingredients, you could also add roasted peppers, feta cheese, and olives. To lighten it up a bit, feel free to swap the olive oil for a lighter oil like avocado.
For more delicious presentations of seafood, try this Cajun Shrimp and Grits or Greek-Style Salmon. Or, if you’re just looking for something light and healthy to snack on, you can’t go wrong with this sensational scallop salad. Enjoy!