Savory Chicken Salad – A Quick & Delicious Midday Treat!
Ah, chicken salad – the timeless classic of afternoon mealtime. Quick, easy and truly delicious, there’s almost nothing as satisfying on a warm summer’s day as a generous helping of our own homemade savory chicken salad! It’s the perfect dish for a lazy lunch; the crunch of crisp lettuce, salty cheese and juicy tomatoes, combined with the flavor of succulent, fragrantly spiced chicken make for a suitably satiating midday snack.
– 1 Chicken breast, cooked and cut into cubes
– 2 Celery ribs, chopped
– Half a Red onion, diced
– 2 Tomatoes, diced
– 2tsp Mayonnaise
– 2tbsp Fresh parsley, minced
– 50g Grated cheese
– 2tbsp White wine vinegar
– 2tbsp Olive oil
– Salt & pepper to taste
– Lettuce of your choice
1. In a large bowl, mix together the cubed chicken, celery, onion, tomatoes, mayonnaise, parsley, cheese and white wine vinegar.
2. Drizzle the olive oil over the mixture, then season with salt and pepper as desired.
3. Mix the ingredients until they are well combined.
4. Serve on a bed of your choice of lettuce and garnish with extra parsley.
This savory chicken salad is an excellent way to enjoy the classic taste of a popular favorite without any added fuss. It’s similar to a classic Greek salad, but the white wine vinegar, olive oil and cheese take it up a notch for extra flavor complexity. This unique spin on a time-honored favorite is sure to be a well-received hit amongst your family and friends!
So why not give this savory Chicken Salad a try? You’ll be impressed by its flavor, and amazed at how quickly it comes together. There’s no better way to enjoy a classic with a unique, flavorful twist!