Sassy Scotty Chicken Salad: An Exotic Fusion
Welcome to the deliciously exotic world of Sassy Scotty Chicken Salad – a flavourful fusion of exotic spices, crunchy vegetables and succulent chicken. This clever combination of Caucasian, Asian and Middle Eastern influences is a sure-fire crowd pleaser, regardless of whether it’s served as a main dish or a side.
– 500g chicken breast, cooked and diced
– 1 red onion, finely chopped
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 red chilli, finely chopped
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon turmeric
– 1 teaspoon ground coriander
– 1/2 teaspoon paprika
– Handful fresh mint, finely chopped
– Handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
– 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
– 1/3 cup olive oil
– Juice of 1/2 lemon
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Place chicken on a baking tray lined with baking paper and lightly season with salt & pepper. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
2. Meanwhile, combine red onion, garlic and chilli in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, place the cooked chicken and add in the onion mixture with the ground spices, mint, coriander, coconut, olive oil and lemon juice. Mix until fully combined and adjust seasoning to taste. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to allow the flavours to mingle.
4. Serve chilled with a sprinkle of fresh herbs on top, enjoy!
This Sassy Scotty Chicken Salad works equally well as a light meal or a side dish. If you love bold spices and flavors, then this is definitely for you! For a lighter variation, you could serve it with a simple glass of lemonade, or for a more substantial meal, accompany it with some warmed flatbreads and a glass of crisp white wine.
If you want to explore the exotic flavors of the Middle East and Caucasus, this delicious dish will serve as an excellent introduction. Experiment with other ingredients to see what unique combination you can come up with. Who knows – you might find a flavor combination just as unique and delicious as this Sassy Scotty Chicken Salad!