Make Potbelly Chicken Salad at Home
Are you ready to make something that’s sure to tantalize your taste buds? Try Potbelly Chicken Salad! This classic dish combines creamy chicken with crunchy onions, cilantro, and chili peppers for a flavor that’s irresistible. The combination of ingredients in this recipe makes it a great meal for lunch or dinner, but it also works as an appetizer or snack.
• 4 boneless chicken breast
• 1 onion, chopped
• 3 tablespoons of cilantro, chopped
• 1 jalapeño, chopped
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• 2 tablespoons of lime or lemon juice
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Place the chicken, onion, and jalapeño in a roasting pan with the olive oil and lemon juice.
3. Rub the mixture together with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Bake the chicken for 25 minutes, or until it is cooked through.
5. Allow the chicken to cool, then shred it into small pieces.
6. Place the shredded chicken and other ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
7. Top the dish with fresh cilantro and more lemon or lime juice.
8. Serve with warm bread, tortillas, or chips.
This classic dish has been a favorite in Mexico, Guatemala, and Peru for many years. It packs a punch of flavor with the combination of spicy chili and tart lime or lemon juice. The combination of creaminess and crunchiness makes the dish an absolute delight.
If you’d like to take it up a notch, you can add avocado and tomatoes to the mix to give it more texture and depth. For a vegetarian version, use a plant-based protein in place of the chicken. You can also switch up the ingredients by using nopal (cactus pieces), pozole (hominy corn), or cotija cheese.
No matter what combination of ingredients you use, you’re sure to be left with Potbelly Chicken Salad that’s as delicious as it is easy to make. Give it a try today and see for yourself how it bolsters the meal of any event.