Tantalizing Potato Salad Without Eggs
With the summer months upon us, it’s time to come up with unique and interesting salads that can make use of all the seasonal in-season produce. Potato salad is a favorite of many, but sometimes the traditional versions with eggs can be a bit too heavy. If you’re looking to lighten things up and give your taste buds something new, try this amazing Potato Salad Without Eggs.
-4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
-½ cup chopped celery
-½ cup minced sweet onion
-2 tablespoons capers
-2 tablespoons dijon mustard
-2 tablespoons mayonnaise
-2 tablespoons cider vinegar
-Salt and pepper to taste
-1/4 cup chopped green onion
-1/4 cup chopped parsley
1. In a large pot, cover the potatoes with about an inch of cold water. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for about 10 minutes, or until potatoes are just tender. Drain and let cool.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cooked potatoes, celery, sweet onion, capers, mustard, mayonnaise, and cider vinegar. Stir until all the ingredients are evenly coated.
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the green onion and parsley.
4. Gently toss again until ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
6. Serve chilled, or at room temperature.
This Potato Salad Without Eggs is light and incredibly flavorful, thanks to the combination of dijon mustard, capers and cider vinegar. Not to mention the celery and sweet onion add an irresistible crunch. It’s a great twist on the traditional dish, and pairs especially well with barbequed meats and heavy sides.
If you’re looking for something a bit more classic, give a classic potato salad with eggs a try. You could even combine the two recipes by adding hard boiled eggs to this version for an even heartier dish. However you decide to make it, potato salad is the perfect addition to any picnic or barbecue. So, let the summer fun begin!