Pioneer Woman Potato Salad: A Delicious, Creamy Comfort Food
Ah, potato salad. It’s a classic go-to dish no matter the occasion. At the picnic, at a barbecue, or on a weeknight dinner table, potato salad always hits the spot. It’s satisfying, versatile, and most importantly, comforting. If you’re looking for a perfect potato salad recipe, look no further than the Pioneer Woman Potato Salad.
Commonly made with boiled or steamed potatoes and mayonnaise or a sour cream mixture, spice up your next potato salad with this tantalizing combination of ingredients. What makes the Pioneer Woman Potato Salad special are the various ingredients that come together to complete an out-of-this-world salad experience.
-3 lbs of small red potatoes
-1 cup mayonnaise
-1/4 cup Dijon mustard
-2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
-2 tablespoons lemon juice
-4 cloves garlic, minced
-1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
-1/2 cup finely chopped onion
-3/4 cup sour cream
-1/2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
-3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
-Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Simmer on medium-high heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
2. Drain potatoes and let cool. Cut potatoes into bite-sized cubes and transfer to a large bowl.
3. In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, cayenne pepper, onion, sour cream, black pepper and chives. Mix well.
4. Add dressing to potatoes and gently toss to combine.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
Pioneer Woman Potato Salad is the perfect dish for any occasion. The combination of garlic, cayenne pepper, onion, and sour cream all bring out a delectable, creamy flavor that’s sure to be a hit. Whether you’re looking for a side dish to serve alongside a barbecue main, or a mid-week dinner option, this potato salad is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
For a unique twist, try adding pre-cooked bacon and chives. This adds an extra kick of flavor and crunch to the salad. Serve alongside a cold salad like a caesar, or as a light starter such as in a mini quiche or pastry tart. Pioneer Woman Potato Salad is a classic that’s sure to be enjoyed for years to come.