Dig Into a Delicious Pinto Beans Salad!
Do you want to try something new? How about a tasty pinto beans salad? This traditional Mexican dish is a great way to get a healthy dose of protein, fiber and vitamins in a flavorful and colorful package. The specific ingredients and instructions listed below will give you a delicious entrée that is sure to become a family favorite.
– 1 can (15oz) pinto beans
– ¼ cup onion, diced
– 1 tomato, chopped
– 2 sprigs cilantro, chopped
– 1 lime, juiced
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 1 teaspoon black pepper
– ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Drain and rinse pinto beans.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the beans, onions, tomato, cilantro, lime juice and olive oil.
3. In a small bowl, mix together garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and cayenne pepper.
4. Sprinkle the dry ingredients over the bean salad and mix until thoroughly combined.
5. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
The flavor of this pinto beans salad is a burst of Mexican culture, with the hearty beans, slightly tangy tomatoes, fresh cilantro, and zesty lime juice complementing each other perfectly. The addition of the flavorful spices really add a unique flavor that can’t be ignored. This dish is great for both lunch and dinner, and can easily be suited for vegetarian or vegan diets.
For a creative twist to mix it up, try adding cubed avocados or roasted bell peppers, or even try a different type of bean. This dish is a great way to experiment with different flavors and have a delicious entrée to show for it. Enjoy!