An Easy Recipe for Pickled Beet Salad
The deep earthy sweetness of pickled beets combined with salty greens and a tangy vinaigrette create an irresistible harmony of crunchy, juicy flavors. Pickled beets have been a mainstay of Eastern European home cooking for centuries, and this unique and vibrant salad is sure to tantalize your taste buds.
- 1 litre jar of pickled beets
- 4 cups of finely chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Drain and rinse the beets under cold running water. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the brine.
- Chop the beets into small cubes and place in a large bowl.
- Add the lettuce, parsley, and almonds to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, sugar, reserved brine, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Serve chilled, garnished with extra chopped parsley, if desired.
This pickled beet salad is sure to delight your tastebuds with a juicy explosion of flavor. The mix of earthy beets, toasted nuts, and salty greens is both savory and satisfying – a comforting and hearty side dish that’s sure to become a favorite. For a touch of creamy texture, add a dollop of Greek yogurt or a sprinkle of feta cheese.
Pickled beets are perfect for all sorts of dishes, from salads and slaws to dips and appetizers. This recipe encapsulates the classic combination of pickled beets and greens, but hand it a new twist by giving it a bright, leafy, and refreshing finish. If you’re looking for a unique and flavorful side dish, give this easy pickled beet salad a try!