Paula Deen’s Potato Salad Recipe – A Cultural Favorite
If you’re a fan of classic Southern cooking, then you’re sure to enjoy Paula Deen’s Potato Salad recipe. This home-cooked favorite is an all-time favorite at barbecues, potlucks, and family gatherings alike. It’s a great way to add a flavorful, comforting side dish to any meal or occasion.
• 6 to 8 potatoes, peeled and cubed
• 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the potatoes in a pot of boiling water. Cook for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender. Drain the potatoes and place in a large bowl.
2. Add the eggs, onion, mayonnaise, mustard, pickle relish, salt and pepper, and mix well.
3. Refrigerate the salad for at least an hour before serving.
Paula Deen’s Potato Salad is the perfect combination of creamy, crunchy, and savory. The onion adds a slight pungency, while the pickle relish provides a delicious tanginess. There’s just enough mayonnaise to keep it from becoming dry. The perfect balance of ingredients creates a flavorful side dish that will have your guests coming back for seconds.
This Southern-style potato salad is quite versatile and pairs well with many different types of main dishes. It’s especially delicious with some freshly grilled barbecue, like pulled pork. But you can also serve it with baked chicken, baked fish, grilled veggies, salads, and more. The possibilities are practically endless!
Now it’s time to share this scrumptious classic side dish with your family and friends. Enjoy Paula Deen’s Potato Salad!