Patti Labelle’s Rich & Creamy Macaroni Salad
It’s no secret that macaroni salad is a favorite at potlucks and picnics. This version, inspired by the queen of soul herself, Patti Labelle, is sure to be a hit; it’s creamy and packed with flavor, totally irresistible and will leave your guests asking for more.
Using traditional ingredients and staples, with a few twists, this macaroni salad recipe has something special that will tantalize your taste buds. Featuring sharp cheddar cheese and dandelion greens, this dishes harks back to the South while the dollop of mayonnaise and splash of vinegar bring it all together in a unique, flavorful way.
• 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
• 1 cup diced celery
• 1/2 cup diced onion
• 1 cup diced sharp cheddar cheese
• 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickles
• 4 tablespoons chopped dandelion greens
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon white vinegar
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook macaroni according to package directions.
2. Drain macaroni and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine macaroni, celery, onion, cheddar cheese, pickles, and dandelion greens.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and vinegar.
5. Pour dressing over macaroni mixture and toss to combine.
6. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
7. Chill the macaroni salad before serving.
This rich and creamy macaroni salad is guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser! Guaranteed to fill you up and make you smile, this classic, Southern comfort food is a perfect accompaniment to your next BBQ or family dinner. To add an extra bit of zing, try replacing one of the tablespoons of mayonnaise with Dijon mustard; the flavor will really come alive!
If you’re looking for something new to serve at your next gathering, this Patti Labelle Macaroni Salad is sure to be a hit. With complex flavors and contrasting textures, this is one side dish you won’t want to miss.