The tantalizingly delicious Newks Chicken Salad
If you’re looking to spice up your dinner rotation, Newks Chicken Salad may be your answer. This delectable dish is an ode to the American South, fusing classic flavors with an exotic flair unlike any other.
This easy-to-make recipe combines succulent rotisserie chicken, crisp apples, and nutty toasted pecans in a creamy dressing -all sitting atop a bed of fresh greens and crunchy sunflower seeds. Topped with a sprinkle of Parmesan, this glorious recipe offers a textural paradise sure to satisfy all of your senses.
– 4 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
– 2 firm acidic apples, chopped
– 2 cups sunflower seeds
– ½ cup Parmesan, grated
– 2 cups toasted pecans, roughly chopped
– 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons chili powder
– 2 tablespoons honey
– ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
– 1 ½ cup mayonnaise
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 6 cups baby greens
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and toast in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes while stirring the nuts often.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, chili powder, honey, apple cider vinegar, mayonnaise, and salt.
4. Place the shredded rotisserie chicken, chopped apples, and toasted pecans in a large bowl.
5. Pour the dressing over the chicken mixture and fold together until the dressing is evenly distributed.
6. Divide the baby greens among four plates and top each with the chicken salad mixture.
7. Sprinkle the Parmesan and sunflower seeds on top.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Newk’s Chicken Salad is a delectable blend of classic and unique flavors. It’s perfect for a dinner party or weekly meal prep and can be made ahead of time for quick and easy enjoyment. Whether you enjoy it alongside a glass of sweet tea or nestled in between freshly baked dinner rolls, this tempting salad is sure to tantalize your taste buds.
For a healthy spin on this dinner salad, try using a non-dairy mayo and honey mustard instead of the traditional mayonnaise and chili powder. If you’d like to add a kick, consider swapping the apples with fresh jalapenos or adding your favorite diced peppers to the mix. And if you’re feeling adventurous, try swapping the chicken with shrimp or chicken andouille sausage.
No matter how you decide to create it, Newks Chicken Salad is sure to tantalize your taste buds and bring something special but familiar to your dinner table. So why wait? Try this recipe out tonight and get ready to savor a delectable dinner salad unlike any other.