A Fiery Sample of Mexican Cuisine: Mexican Chicken Salad
From the spicy blend of seasonings to the texture of the avocados on top, Mexican chicken salad is sure to be a dish that lures your taste buds right in. As a concoction of savory and spicy Mexican flavors, this salad presents a delightful combination of ingredients that tantalize the taste buds.
• 4 cooked chicken breasts, cubed
• 2 cups shredded lettuce
• 2 avocados, cubed
• 1 large tomato, diced
• 1/4 cup diced red onion
• 1/4 cup jalapeño slices
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 2 Tablespoons olive oil
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• Juice of one lime
1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, lettuce, avocado, tomato, red onion, jalapeños, and cilantro.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the olive oil, oregano, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, sea salt, and lime juice and stir until fully combined.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad, add the jalapeños, and toss everything together until all ingredients are evenly coated.
4. Serve it with a bit of fresh cilantro on top and enjoy!
Mexican cuisine is all about flavor, and this salad provides a full sensory experience. The creamy texture of the avocados is juxtaposed by the crunch of the lettuce, all united with the smokey flavors of the olive oil and seasonings. Soft cubes of chicken provide a savory protein, and you can adjust the level of spice and heat to your own personal preference.
A Mexican chicken salad is great as a main dish all on its own, or as an accompaniment to tacos, burritos, or tortas. For a more complete meal, add black beans and corn to the salad and top it all off with a dollop of your favorite salsa. This zesty feast brings together the best of Mexican cuisine and will leave you wanting more.
Go ahead and give Mexican chicken salad a try. You won’t regret adding this piece of Mexican artistry to your plate!