Honey Baked Ham Salad – A Delightful Way to Enjoy Your Leftover Ham!
If you’re looking for a great way to use up leftover ham after the holidays, this honey baked ham salad recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Combining sweet honey with zesty spices, this dish has just the right mix of flavors to give your leftover ham a new lease on life.
This satisfying dish is perfect for lunch, dinner, or a light snack. It’s easy to make, using kitchen staples you likely already have on hand, and is an economical way to create a delicious meal for family and friends.
– 2 cups diced leftover ham
– 2 tablespoons honey
– 2 teaspoons chili powder
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1/2 red onion, finely diced
– 2 stalks celery, diced
– 1/2 cucumber, diced
– 4 cups mixed salad greens
– 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a small bowl, combine honey, chili powder, and oregano.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet over a medium-high heat. Add in the ham and cooked for 5 minutes until it begins to brown.
3. Pour in the honey mixture and mix everything together until the ham is completely coated.
4. Add in the red onion, celery, and cucumber. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Arrange the mixed salad greens onto 4 plates. Divide the honey-baked ham mixture among the plates.
6. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over each plate and serve immediately.
This Honey Baked Ham Salad is truly a sublime experience! The sweet honey is riveted with zesty chili powder and oregano, while the rich Parmesan adds a mellow creaminess to the dish. This delicious dish is a piece of heaven and has been inspired by the traditional Italian dish of Saltimbocca.
This Honey Baked Ham Salad is a wonderful option for using up leftover ham. It’s packed with flavour, easy to make, and is the perfect way to create a delicious meal without breaking the bank. Enjoy!