Hellmann’s Mayo Potato Salad: A Deliciously Creamy & Tangy Twist on a Classic
Potato salad has been a picnic favorite for generations. Its creamy, mayonnaise-based dressing provides an irresistibly tangy, comforting flavor that can pair with almost any summer meal. For those looking for a unique twist on the beloved classic, Hellmann’s Mayonnaise combines with potatoes and a few classic ingredients to create a creamy, flavorful potato salad that’s sure to be the star of any potluck spread.
This unique recipe is the perfect balance of lightness and tanginess with the creamy texture of the Hellmann’s Mayonnaise and the added crunch of fresh veggies. The combination of onions, celery and pickles makes a winning combination, while the paprika and mustard give this potato salad an interesting depth of flavor.
– 6 large potatoes (3 lbs), peeled and cut into 1″ cubes
– ¾ cup Hellmann’s Mayonnaise
– ¼ cup white sugar
– ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
– 1 small onion, diced
– 1 stalk celery, finely diced
– ½ cup diced dill pickles
– 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– ½ teaspoon salt
– Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Place the potatoes in a large pot and fill it with enough water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and reduce to low. Simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain the potatoes and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, onion, celery, pickles, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
3. In a large bowl, toss the cooked potatoes with the mayonnaise mixture until all potatoes are well coated.
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Note: the salad can be made up to 24 hours in advance.
5. Serve cold. Enjoy!
This Hellmann’s Mayonnaise-based potato salad is sure to be a hit at any gathering. With its traditional ingredients plus a delicious twist of Hellmann’s Mayonnaise, this creamy, tangy potato salad is sure to be happily devoured by family and friends alike. Also, if you’re looking for a lighter take on this classic dish, try replacing the mayonnaise with plain Greek yogurt for a healthier version. Either way, this mouthwatering potato salad is sure to be a hit.