Hellmann’s Classic Potato Salad
Summer is here and that means it’s time to try out some classic and delicious recipes. For an easy-to-make yet delicious and unique side dish, we have Hellmann’s classic potato salad. It’s a traditional American recipe that includes a combination of diced potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, chopped onions, and a creamy mayo-based dressing.
This potato salad recipe is perfect for barbecues, picnics, or any special occasion this summer. Not only is it a crowd-pleaser, but it’s also healthy and full of delicious flavors. The creamy dressing is made with mayonnaise, relish, sugar, paprika, and a touch of vinegar for a zippy finish. Combined with the sweet onions and salty eggs, this classic potato salad has a flavor that is sure to be a hit!
– 4 large potatoes
– 3 hard-boiled eggs
– 1 small onion
– 1 cup Hellmann’s mayonnaise
– 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– 1 teaspoon white vinegar
– 1/2 teaspoon paprika
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil the potatoes in salted water until fork-tender. Drain and let cool.
2. In a large bowl, mash the potatoes with a fork and add the diced eggs and chopped onion.
3. In a small bowl, mix the Hellmann’s mayonnaise with the sweet pickle relish, sugar, vinegar and paprika until completely combined.
4. Pour the dressing over the potato salad and stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Refrigerate for one hour or until chilled before serving.
This classic potato salad recipe is an easy and satisfying way to enjoy a cool, flavorful side dish this summer. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also simple to make. Whether you’re having a backyard barbecue or a summer picnic, this delightfully creamy potato salad will be sure to impress!
For a unique take on this classic recipe, you could add in some herbs like dill or parsley. Or, if you’d like a bit of heat, you could try substituting the relish with hot sauce or even some spicy chili peppers. This crunchy, creamy potato salad is also a great variation on the traditional German potato salad, which combines potatoes with a vinegar-based dressing. Whether you choose to make the classic version or switch it up with some global flavors, this delicious potato salad recipe is sure to be a hit this summer!