Create a Healthy and Tasty Ham Salad with this Super Simple Recipe
Do you ever crave a light and flavorful salad but get anxious because of all the unhealthy options when it comes to salad? Well, fret no more! Here is a mouth-watering ham salad recipe that leaves you feeling refreshed and satisfied.
This flavorful salad pairs the perfect combination of crunchy texture and salty flavor. We need to thank the French for the cultural influence of the Dijon Mustard which adds a delightful subtle sweetness. The burstiness of the honey and the perplexity of the Dijon Mustard create a truly unforgettable medley of flavors.
– 2-3 tablespoons of Dijon Mustard
– 1/2 pound of cubed ham
– 2 tablespoons of honey
– 1 cup of shredded carrots
– 1/2 cup of diced red onion
– 1/2 cup of diced celery
– 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
– 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar
– Ground black pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine the ham, carrots, red onion and celery.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, honey, mayonnaise, cider vinegar and black pepper.
3. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and ham and mix until the ingredients are evenly coated.
4. Serve chilled and enjoy!
This dish is so versatile and user-friendly. For example, if you prefer a milder flavor, you can reduce the Dijon Mustard and cider vinegar, or if you would like your salad to be more crunchy, add in some apples or raisins.
This recipe is similar to various types of potato salads, like the Hungarian potato salad or the classic Americana macaroni salad. But by adding in the Dijon Mustard, honey and ham, we get an entirely different flavor profile and an added deliciousness.
So don’t dismay the next time you are trying to make a healthy yet flavor-rich salad. Lean on this fabulous and easy-to-make ham salad. Enjoy!