Healthy Buffalo Chicken Salad
We all know the feeling: You just made a hearty, delicious dinner and now, your stomach is growling again. But that doesn’t mean you want to dive into a processed snack, those are never a good idea. What you need is an energizing and delicious dinner-worthy dish that won’t leave you feeling sluggish.
The answer? A tangy and hearty healthy Buffalo chicken salad. It’s the perfect combination of a satisfying combo of crunchy and creamy, salty and sweet — and packing a hefty dose of protein to help you power through your day without sacrificing taste.
This recipe takes less than 30 minutes to whip up and is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Better yet, it also contains a few cultural influences and its own unique twist to kick things up a notch. Here’s how it’s done:
– 2 grilled or baked chicken breasts, stemmed and cubed
– 2 celery ribs, sliced
– ½ cup cooked black beans
– 1 green onion, diced
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 tablespoons hot sauce
– 1 tablespoon white vinegar
– 2 tablespoons creamy balsamic salad dressing
– ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
– 2 tablespoons pepitas, toasted
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium bowl, combine the sliced chicken, celery, black beans, and onion.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, hot sauce, white vinegar and balsamic salad dressing.
3. Toss the dressing over the chicken salad until well and evenly coated.
4. Add crumbled blue cheese, pepitas, salt and pepper to the salad, and fold gently to combine.
5. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
This flavorful and healthy Buffalo chicken salad is the perfect way to enjoy a burst of flavor without overloading on unhealthy additives. The crumbled blue cheese combined with the tangy dressing pairs perfectly with the crunchy celery and the hearty chicken. The heat of the hot sauce plays off the balsamic dressing, and the toasted pepitas add a delightfully nutty texture.
The best part? This dish can be served warm or cold, making it the perfect option for a last minute dinner party or a take-along lunch. Plus, you can easily customize it to meet your lifestyle, such as adding more hot sauce or swapping out the blue cheese with feta to switch up the flavor.
If you’re looking for more tangy fusion recipes, why not try these Potato Chip Chicken Wraps or this pizza bowl with creamy Greek dressing? The possibilities are endless — until your stomach starts growling. This Buffalo chicken salad is sure to keep it at bay.