Bring a Little Fancy to Your Table with Nancy Chicken Salad
Are you looking for a way to liven up your dinner table? Try out Nancy Chicken Salad! This recipe is full of flavour and contrast, mixing the savoury and sweet in a very pleasing way. The combination of savoury and tart cranberries, creamy dressing and crunchy toasted almonds turn this dish from a typical chicken salad into a fancy treat.
– 2 cups cooked, cubed chicken
– 2 medium gala apples, chopped
– ½ cup dried cranberries
– 2 cups chopped celery
– 1/3 cup mayonnaise
– 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
– 2 tablespoons honey
– 1/3 cup toasted almonds, chopped
– 2 tablespoons parsley, diced
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine the cooked chicken, apples, cranberries and celery in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise, vinegar, honey and diced parsley until smooth.
3. Add the mayonnaise mixture to the bowl of chicken and vegetables, stirring until everything is evenly coated.
4. Toss in the chopped almonds and season with salt and pepper.
5. Let the salad rest in the refrigerator for at least one hour, so the flavours can meld together.
6. Serve the salad chilled and enjoy the flavourful contrast of sweet and savoury.
This is a fantastic dish for any dinner gathering, and it’s sure to have your guests asking for the recipe. Take an ordinary dinner and turn it into a fancy affair by serving up this Nancy Chicken Salad. This recipe also makes great finger food or lunchtime sandwiches.
To add an interesting twist to Nancy Chicken Salad, try swapping out the gala apples for granny smith apples or by adding a pinch of curry powder or cayenne pepper. For another unique recipe, try out this Chicken and Apple Salad with spicy ginger dressing. No matter which recipe you choose, serve with a fittingly fancy presentation and enjoy!