A Healthy Twist on a Classic: Cobb Salad
We all know and love the classic Cobb Salad. But if you’re looking for a way to make this favorite dish a bit more healthy, then look no further!
– 2 chicken breasts
– 6 cups of baby spinach
– 1/4 cup reduced fat blue cheese crumbles
– 1/4 cup of crumbled bacon
– 1 tomato
– 1/2 a cucumber
– 1/4 cup of boiled egg
– 2 tbsp of horseradish sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and season with salt and pepper.
3. Place the chicken in a baking dish and cook in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
4. While the chicken is cooking, prepare the vegetables.
5. Cut the tomato, cucumber, and boiled egg into slices.
6. Once the chicken is cooked, let it cool and then cut into small cubes.
7. Place the spinach in a large bowl, then add the chicken cubes, tomato slices, cucumber slices, boiled egg slices, and crumbled bacon.
8. Toss the salad with the horseradish sauce and blue cheese crumbles.
9. Serve and enjoy!
The Unique Twist
This Cobb Salad gives you all the same delicious flavors of the classic, but with a healthy twist. The chicken is cooked in a healthy manner — no frying or oil involved. The dressing is a healthier version of the typical Ranch dressing — no added fat or dairy. The fresh vegetables adds bright flavors and lots of crunch, while the boiled egg gives protein so that you can make this Cobb Salad an entire meal.
This delicious and healthy twist on the classic Cobb Salad is a great way to enjoy the flavors you love while still keeping it healthy. And compared to other salads, it’s surprisingly satisfying and filling. Give this dish a try today and you won’t be disappointed. Bon appetit!