Tantalising Tarragon-Infused Chicken Salad
Are you looking for a light yet flavoursome lunch that’s sure to impress? Look no further than this Chicken Salad Tarragon, which is packed with flavour yet couldn’t be simpler to make. Juicy chicken breasts are cooked in a delectable tarragon-infused reduction, then combined with a vibrant array of freshly prepared vegetables. With its timeless combination of classic flavours, this salad will tantalise your taste buds and is sure to make a lasting impression.
– 2 large chicken breasts
– 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
– 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh tarragon
– 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil
– 2 carrots, peeled and diced
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 celery stalks, sliced
– 3 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
– 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
– 4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Combine the garlic, tarragon, thyme and olive oil in a bowl.
3. Rub the mixture all over the chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook the chicken for 6-7 minutes per side, or until it’s fully cooked.
5. Transfer the chicken to an oven-proof baking dish and bake for 15 minutes or until it’s golden and crispy on the outside.
6. Meanwhile, combine the carrots, onion, celery, vinegar, mustard and extra-virgin olive oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
7. When the chicken is done, let it cool for 5 minutes, then dice it into small pieces.
8. Add the chicken to the bowl with the vegetables and mix until combined.
9. Serve the Chicken Salad Tarragon with some crusty bread and enjoy!
This Chicken Salad Tarragon is a wonderfully fresh lunch everyone can enjoy. The aromatic flavours of tarragon and thyme instantly bring a distinctive burst of flavour to the dish, while the combination of crunchy vegetables and juicy chicken marries perfectly. Whether you prefer to enjoy it hot or cold, this salad is a surefire winner. Why not try serving it alongside a zesty lemon and herb quinoa salad for a delicious summer picnic meal?