Chicken Fajita Salad: Spicy and Flavorful Mexican Inspired Dish
Eating a good meal and adding some spice to your dinner has never been easier with this delicious chicken fajita salad! This Mexican-inspired meal is a great way to give your dinner routine some extra flavor and flair.
This dish is a combination of juicy and flavorful chicken tenders, bell peppers, and onions all cooked to perfection with a delicious fajita marinade. Include some fresh lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, jalapenos, and creamy sour cream dressing and you’ve got yourself one tempting dinner that’s sure to delight your taste buds.
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons chili powder
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
– 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon pepper
– 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
– 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
– 1 onion, cut into strips
– Lettuce mix (romaine and iceberg blend)
– 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
– 1 small jalapeno, sliced (optional)
– 1 avocado, sliced
– 1/3 cup sour cream
– Juice of 1 lime
1. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, chili powder, ground cumin, paprika, smoked paprika, garlic powder, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
3. Add the chicken strips to the preheated skillet and cook for 6-7 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Reduce the heat to medium and add the bell peppers and onions to the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes or until they begin to soften.
5. Stir in the reserved fajita marinade, stirring continuously until the vegetables are evenly coated and the marinade is thick.
6. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce mix, tomatoes, jalapenos, avocado, and cooked chicken and vegetable mixture.
7. In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and lime juice. Spoon the mixture over the salad and mix to combine.
8. Serve the salad immediately and enjoy!
This healthy, creamy, and zesty chicken fajita salad is one surefire way to amp up your dinner routine! Not only is it packed with the traditional Mexican flavors of cumin, chili, and paprika, but it’s also a great way to get all the amazing health benefits of eating fresh lettuce, tomatoes, and avocado.
This spicy and flavorful meal is just the thing to add some extra spice to your dinner. For more Mexican-inspired recipes, take a look at our authentic recipe for chorizo tacos and burrito bowl.