Brunch Salad: Simple and Delicious
Looking to impress your family and friends at brunch this weekend? Try this delicious brunch salad, which is a great option for seasoned chefs and novice cooks alike.
– 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
– 200g natural yoghurt
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
– 2 tablespoons chia seeds
– 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
– 1 cucumber, chopped
– 1 avocado, chopped
– 2 heads of lettuce, washed and ripped
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Place the tomatoes in a single layer on a large baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil. Roast for 10-15 minutes, until the tomatoes have softened and slightly browned.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix together the yoghurt, white wine vinegar, and chia seeds, stirring to combine.
4. Add the roasted tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, and avocado to the yoghurt mixture, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Divide the salad between individual plates, then sprinkle with freshly chopped chives to finish.
This simple yet flavor-packed brunch salad is sure to be a hit for your next brunch. The roasted tomatoes add a delightful smokiness to the salad, while the creamy avocado and yoghurt provide a silky texture. A sprinkling of chia seeds adds a nice crunch and the fresh chives are the perfect finishing touch.
This brunch salad is a great way to incorporate some of your favorite ingredients into a delicious meal, and it can easily be modified to include whatever ingredients you like. Why not swap out the tomatoes for roasted sweet potatoes? Or swap out the chives for fresh parsley? The possibilities are endless.
So next time you’re searching for the perfect brunch recipe, give this brunch salad a try! Simple and delicious, you can’t go wrong.