Delicious Broccolini Salad with a Difference
We all love a fresh, tasty salad – why else would there be so many varieties? Sometimes it feels like we’re spoilt with choice, that no two salads can ever truly be the same. However, this Broccolini Salad with a difference is something special indeed!
– 1 bundle broccolini, grated
– 1 red bell pepper, chopped
– 2 tomatoes, diced
– 1/4 cup feta cheese
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 475°F. Coat broccolini lightly with olive oil, minced garlic and salt and pepper.
2. Spread the broccolini on a baking sheet, and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, flipping half way through.
3. Remove from oven and let cool.
4. In a large bowl, combine roasted broccolini, bell pepper, tomatoes and feta cheese.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and remaining salt and pepper.
6. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
The Perfect Side Dish
This Broccolini Salad is my absolute favorite! It’s so refreshing and flavorful, plus has a fair amount of vegetables hidden inside. It’s perfect for picnics, BBQs, and potlucks, as it pairs nicely with a range of other dishes.
The roasting process of the broccolini is what takes this salad to the next level. The roasting brings out its sweet, nutty flavor and adds a nice crunchy texture to the salad. Not to mention the combination of the feta cheese, garlic and balsamic vinegar – a perfect combination.
If you’re looking for something a little bit more unique than your basic salad, this Broccolini Salad is the perfect option. Give it a try, and you won’t be disappointed!