If you’re looking for an unusual and unique salad to make for guests or to serve yourself, this Bibb and Radish Salad with Bacon Dressing is sure to be a hit! Delicious and savory, the combination of flavors is sure to tantalize your taste buds. The combination of crisp Bibb lettuce and sweet radishes is perfectly balanced with the savoriness of bacon, garlic, and shallots. Throw in a few sugary walnuts and a creamy, tangy-sweet dressing and you’ve got an amazing salad that’s sure to please.
Bibb and Radish Salad With Bacon Dressing
– 2 heads Bibb lettuce, torn into pieces
– 4-5 radishes, sliced thinly
– 1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
– 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 shallot, minced
– 1/3 cup bacon fat (reserved from cooked bacon)
– 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
– 2 tablespoons honey
– 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1.In a large bowl, combine the bibb lettuce, radishes, walnuts, bacon and garlic.
2.In a small bowl, mix the bacon fat, vinegar, honey and mustard until well combined.
3. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Toss the salad until everything is evenly coated in the dressing.
5. Serve and enjoy!
This Bibb and Radish Salad with Bacon Dressing is a perfect example of the culinary marvel of combining sweet, salty, and savory flavors. Despite the many different tastes–from the bibb lettuce, to the walnuts, to the sweet-tangy dressing–all the flavors complement each other so wonderfully. It’s an impressive and unique dish that’s sure to please your palate!
For a slightly different take, consider swapping out the bacon fat for butter and adding a handful of dried cranberries to the mix. You could also add some fresh herbs like parsley or basil to give it a bright, fresh finish. The possibilities are endless–so don’t be afraid to try something a little different!
Whether you’re in the mood for something fresh and different, or just looking for an impressive salad to serve your guests, this Bibb and Radish Salad with Bacon Dressing is sure to please. Give it a try and enjoy!