- 1 1/2 piece watermelon, peeled, deseeded
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 7 oz greek style feta cheese
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh continental parsley leaves
- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked, large leaves torn
- 2 spring onion bulbs, roots trimmed, thinly sliced crossways
- 1/4 cuplight olive oil
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Use a sharp knife to cut the watermelon crossways into 1 inch square thick slices about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut each slice into inch wide wedges. Place in a large bowl and set aside until required.
- Spread walnuts evenly over a baking tray and cook in preheated oven for 5 minutes or until toasted. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make the lemon dressing, use a fork to whisk together the oil, lemon juice and sugar in a small bowl until well combined.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the feta in half horizontally. Cut crossways into 1/4 inch thick slices. Add to the watermelon.
- To serve, add the toasted walnuts, parsley, mint and spring onions to the bowl of watermelon and feta.
- Drizzle with the lemon dressing and gently toss until well coated. Divide the salad evenly among serving plates and serve immediately.