This wonderful salad is a beautiful combination of tastes and textures. Sweet strawberries with crisp and tart fetta cheese ,bitter toasted almonds and super spinach leaves which are full of iron which all us women need plenty of. Oh my god this salad really is to die for. Every time I want to impress my skinny friends with a salad that not only looks beautiful but tastes really good too this is the one I choose. If (sadly) strawberries are not in season where you live you can opt for apples instead, I would use a ‘pink lady’ or a ‘fuji’ myself but granny smiths would also work. If you or your friends are concerned about the dressing having too many calories you can use a zero carb raspberry vinaigrette as an alternative dressing. To give you an indication of just how could this salad is last time I bought it to a tailgating party one woman ate and I kid you not, five bowls! This recipe makes about 10 serves, is ready in only 15 minutes and contains about 350 calories per serve.
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large bowl baby spinach leaves
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the almonds, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted.
- Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a bowl, prepare the dressing by whisking together the garlic, honey, Dijon mustard, raspberry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, toss together the toasted almonds, romaine lettuce, strawberries, and feta cheese.
- Cover with the dressing mixture, and toss to serve.