This is my latest favorite salad. The combinations of textures and favours is to die for. If you don’t have any pine nuts then almonds make a good substitute. Whichever you chose you should toast them first if you have the time. Another equally good substitute is cherries for the cranberries when it is cherry season. If you wish to pad it out a little for the big eaters in your life then try adding ham and/or hard boiled egg. However you chose to make this salad I know you are going to love it.
- 1/2 bowl of baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted and cooled
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all the salad ingredients in your salad bowl.
- Whisk salad dressing ingredients together and pour over salad.
- Toss over the salad to coat.