This is a great traditional salad one of my favorites. I suggest you whiz up the dressing in your blender as you can store in a glass bottle if you make more then you need. Actually this dressing goes well on just about any salad. You may want to use dried tomatoes instead of fresh and I recommend letting this salad marinade for a couple of hours before you serve and eat it because the dried tomatoes soak up the dressing and taste really yummy.
- 2 ripe tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 salad onion cut into rings
- 1/2 cucumber chopped
- 8 olives
- handful of rocket leaves
- 1 tbsp of feta cheese
- pepper & salt
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Mix all the ingredients in a large salad bowl
- Add the dressing.
- Add pepper and salt to season and toss thoroughly.
- Sprinkle the delicious feta cheese all over.